Monday, June 27, 2011

"Just wait"...

I am blown away at how the Lord has "shown up" for me these past few months! I am in awe at His power and His promise that we will find Him when we seek Him with all our heart! I mentioned in my last blog that throughout this whole budget crisis in KISD and the possibility that I might lose my job, the Lord has been saying to me: "Just wait!"

 Whenever I asked Him if I should apply somewhere else, he said. "Just wait!" When I cried to Him, "What should I do? What will happen to me? What will happen to my job?" He would say "Just wait." So, I have been waiting. I haven't been perfectly obediant-as I also said, I did apply in NISD. But, the whole time it has been so clear that His will was for me to wait and trust Him.

Well, tonight at the School Board meeting, the Board recommended that we use the federal stimulus money to keep teachers and librarians (that were at risk of being laid-off ) for one more year. Who would've seen that coming? Not me! Thank you, Jesus! Thank you for telling me to wait! Thank you for being faithful and for showing me that I can trust what you say to me and your guidance that you give me! I am so excited!

You might be thinking, "Well, it's only one more year, and then the lay-offs will still take place." Yes, but a lot can happen in a year. And at the very least, every year people leave the district due to moves, babies, and other job opportunities. Being given this gift of one more year increases the chances that if I am one of the librarians that is not kept, there will still be a classroom position available for me. I love Keller ISD. It is "home" to me, and I don't want to leave. I am thrilled to be given the chance to hang in there a little longer!

Thank you Dr. V, thank you KISD Board, and most of all, thank you, Jesus! :-)

1 comment:

  1. There is no doubt, having and keeping faith is my biggest challenge. I am soooooo happy for everyone involved! God is good. :)

    ReplyDelete