Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Favorite Tv Shows...

I LOVE TV. I hope that's not bad. I guess I should love working out or eating veggies, or something more conducive to a healthy lifestyle, but I love TV! During the school year, I don't watch a lot of TV. But, in the summer, I LOVE it! One of my favorite things about summer is sitting up late at night watching stuff on TV.

Here are some of my favorites:

* Cosby Show
* Full House
* Roseann

I love these 3 because I love shows about families. During the time that my parents were separated and divorced, I watched The Cosby Show a lot. For some reason, it was comforting to me. I craved that show at the time. I loved the family dynamics and the safety and security that existed in that make believe family. Cliff and Claire have such a sweet marriage, and always knew the perfect way to handle their children! I love this show!

Full House is such a sweet family show full of great life's lessons. My boys (especially Will) like this show a lot, and we have every season on DVD. We have watched many of these together.

Roseann is hilarious, and I love the honesty of that show. It's not sugar-coated or idealized. Some of the episodes are even downright sad. I just wish it came on TV more often. I may have to see about getting it on DVD.

* Lost

Oh my goodness! I can't say enough about Lost! I LOVE this show! I have all 6 seasons on DVD. It is an incredible show. If you have never seen it, I highly recommend it! I watched the entire series for the first time last summer, and I can't say I have ever seen anything like it. Each episode is like watching a mini-movie. It doesn't have a "TV" feel to it. It is so complex and ingenious, and the character deveopment is amazing-especially with the large number of characters the show has. It is not a show where you can predict what will happen. You have to be willing to part with reality a little when watching this show. It doesn't play by the rules of real life, but that's part of what makes it so magical.

*Sex and the City

Ok, I am coming out of the closet and admitting publically that I like this show. BUT, I feel that I must clarify that I love this show because of the friend dynamic between the four women on the show. Their friendships are sweet, touching, and honest. They would do anything for each other, are always there for one another, and are honest with each other. They are the type of friends that you could ask, "Do these pants make me look fat?" and they would tell you honestly, "Yes!" They can trust each other, and are like family to one another. I love this!! I could honestly care less about the "sex" part of the show. I will admit, however, that I am a sucker for the ongoing "Carrie and Big" love story. I also love Miranda and Steve together. Samantha's antics got old in about the first 5 minutes of the first show I watched, but she's a great friend to the other ladies, so we'll keep her around. :-) So, judge me if you must, but I love this show and the friendships portrayed. :-)

Other shows I really like or have enjoyed over the years:

* 19 Kids and Counting
* Toddlers and Tiaras (who doesn't love a train wreck!)
* Cheers
* Friends
* Little House on the Prairie
* Grey's Anatomy (I don't really watch it anymore, because it has kinda gone over the top, but the first couple seasons were great)
* Glee (ditto for what I said about Grey's)

 I'm sure there are others that I have left off, but that's all I can think of for now. What about you? What are your favs?

No comments:

Post a Comment