Thursday, July 21, 2011

What I'm Reading Wednesday ...(a day late!)

Sorry, I'm late again! We went to Six Flags yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to add to my blog. As I said last week, I have been reading the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins:

I finished the last book on Monday. AMAZING series! I loved these books. Not because they were uplifting, because they are pretty dark, but because I couldn't put them down! I would be so tired at night reading, and would be thinking in my head, "Ok, after this chapter, I will go to sleep." Then, I get to the end of the chapter and would think, "Ok, just one more!" I LOVE when books are like that! Suzanne Collins is an amazing writer, and has the knack of knowing just how to end a chapter (or a book for that matter) in a way that makes it almost impossible to wait to keep reading.

I felt similar to how I did when I finished reading the Twilight series when I finished these books. I was sad that it was over and that there were no more books to read in the series. However, I was a little relieved to "have my life back" because now that I have read all the books, I can do other things: like watch TV, do activities, talk to others, etc! Ha! I was literally a slave to these books while I was reading them! Great books!

A Hunger Games movie is coming out in March of 2012. It should be good. However, like I said, the books are pretty dark, and I'm not so sure I want to see a Hollywood version of some of the things that happen in the book. I know I will watch it, though. Just like the Twilight movies, it is kind of fun to "meet" the characters and see if they match up with the way you have imagined them in your mind as you read the books. But, I'm sure, as always, the books will be far superior to the movies.

So, I'm out of things to read for the moment. I am taking a little breather and getting to know my family again (ha!). Any suggestions are welcome! Read anything good lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment